2020 Conference Agenda
10:20 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
10:30 am Construction Forecast: A Projection in Macro Economics, Cost Escalation & Market-Specific Demand
- Ed Zarenski Data Analytics Consultant, Consultant
• Revealing the state of construction: what is the current picture of new starts, inflation, staffing, and critical supply and demand metrics?
• Assessing historical trends and the most recent data to project forward and determine cost escalation risks for the foreseeable future
• Understanding which metrics to track to create an early warning system on market slowdowns and wider downturn risks for your firm
11:30 am The Future of Preconstruction: Connected Techology, People & Process
• Explaining how preconstruction teams can break down historical data silos and leave disconnected workflows behind
• Sharing proven strategies for eliminating bottlenecks, along with three essential ingredients for connected preconstruction: cloud-based technology solutions, centralized collaboration, and integrated workflows
• Revealing how connected preconstruction helps firms enable more seamless transitions between project phases, support new ways of working, and deliver better project outcomes.
12:00 pm Morning Refreshments & Speed Networking
12:50 pm Choice of Track
6:00 pm Panel: What are Project Partners Looking for From Each Other During the Preconstruction Stage?
- Greg Fuller President, North Mechanical
- Greg Williamson VP Preconstruction, Bond Brothers
- Curt Garrett Senior Estimator, The NRP Group
- Omar Dandashi Executive Vice President, Blue Mountain Development
• Creating the perfect preconstruction team is a difficult challenge. Owners must review a complex list of considerations before selecting the winning bid from a design firm or general contractor, while subcontractors have many jobs they could bid for. What does everybody look for when hiring a project partner, and what elements of a job put it at the top of a list to submit a bid?